Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Yummiest cookies EVER

We've had half a block of dark cooking chocolate sitting in the fridge for several weeks.  If it was real chocolate it would've disappeared in a flash but none of us really fancy cooking chocolate.  Funny that.


So when I saw a recipe for chocolate chip cookies using dark cooking chocolate on Nannette's blog I had to try them straight away.  Unfortunately the first batch got burnt.  Unbeknownst to me the baby had turned to oven up to MAX.  Bugger.  I don't encourage this level of involvement from my kids when baking but the oven is at floor level and she likes to play with the knobs. Luckily the oven door never gets so hot that it would actually burn a little hand.


After the first failure we decided to make some more and I'm glad we did.  These are the yummiest cookies EVER.  And this is how you make them:

125 grams softened butter
1 and a quarter cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 lightly beaten egg
1 and a half cups of plain flour
half a teaspoon baking powder
biggish pinch of salt
150-200g dark chocolate bashed up into bits (I, or one of my helpers, put it in a plastic bag and smash it with a rolling bin).



Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Put butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs and combine. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined. Gently fold through bashed up bits of choccy. Put tablespoonfuls onto a lined baking tray with plenty of space between each one because they will spread. Cook for 15-20 minutes. They are done when they are pale gold.  Then put them up high on a shelf out of reach of hungry fingers!





No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...