Friday, March 30, 2012

Inside Outside

Inside

I have been wrestling with the 5 metres of tulle I need to sew 3 flower girl dresses for my sister's wedding in a few weeks.  And we have been taking it in turns putting it on our head pretending to be the bride.

Outside

I have been weeding, digging in manure, turning over the soil and planting autumn seedlings (beans, onions, beetroot, spinach and broccoli).


Inside

I have been writing essays and listening to Kate Nash.

Outside

We have been gobbling strawberries as soon as they ripen


Inside

We have been finishing off the last of the strawberry jam we made back before Christmas.  It's gone already!  Such a shame.


Inside

I have been playing with the lovely vintage florals I received in Green Tea's swap.


Inside

I have been making zucchini relish, french toast (by popular demand), free-tatta (free because we don't pay for the eggs!) and lots of meals in the slow cooker.


Outside

I am trying to figure out how to tell when pomegranates are ripe and hoping their readiness coincides with my pomegranate-loving sister's arrival in a week or so.

Inside

I only have one and a half more squares to crochet before I can start putting together Reuben's birthday blanket


Inside

I have been reading Tell me I'm here, the latest issue of Country Style magazine and some new to me blogs.

3 comments:

  1. Gill, sorry if you get 2 comments from me...I tried early & nothing happened?? Love this post! Those strawberries are impressive and your jam looks incredible. If you have a pomegranate recipe would you be willing to share? A friend has just given me a box of pomegranates and I dont have much experience with them! Happy weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post! your vegie garden is looking great! i do love the new season plant :) glad your FQS arrived safe and sound!

    Kel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm you might want to work on Reubens blanket...you have another one to start now :) :)

    ReplyDelete

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...