Sunday, September 18, 2011

Summer fling top

Abby took this photo.  She said she would take one and only one.  This is it.
She then proceeded to take 348 photos of her friend on the swing.

And this is why I don't sew much for myself.

Sometimes it's easier just to drive to the shops, try something on and fork over the cash.  At least then you end up with a top you'll actually wear.

I used the 'make it perfect' pattern with moda fabric I bought ages ago (with another project in mind) from here.

It's possible I did something wrong.  Or maybe my body shape is wrong.  Maybe I made the wrong size.

I can't quite put my finger on it but it's not quite perfect.  Especially the sleeves.  They're a bit fooffy.

Bugger.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I was thinking how cute it was! Is that an elastic neckline? Maybe you might like it better if that was a little looser. I love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your top looks great and I love the fabric. I'm wondering if it's like the peasant top pattern I've made a few times (Simplicity 3835) - I use quite a lot more elastic than the pattern mentions (so the neckline's looser) and it sits so much better. It might be worth giving that a try. Have fun with the next one.

    ReplyDelete

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...