Saturday, September 3, 2011

My new sewing corner

It would seem that fitting the entire contents of one's sewing room into one tiny corner of the living room is no easy task.

But I think I'm finally getting somewhere.

And so I present....the only tidy corner of the entire house.








The table is new (to me) and I plan to paint it.  Green maybe?  And the chair too (not green, maybe cream).  But for now this space is functional and the painting can wait for another day.

The two giant baskets sitting on the floor are full of WIPs.  I plan to do something about those too.

The typewriter was inherited from my Grandparents (because I was going to be the journalist in the family).

The spice rack, the biscuit tins and most of the other storage is from the op-shop.

The bookcase and the tallboy thingo are poached from other rooms in the house.

You can spot what's from IKEA.

The thing I love most about this new space is that (in theory) I can sit and sew and watch the kids playing in the backyard.

But it's only a matter of time before someone gets a pin in their foot or the baby pulls all the fabric from the shelf or I get divorced because Chris can't hear the TV over the noise of my sewing machine.

4 comments:

  1. Looks great Gilly. A spot for everything and all in easy reach. Now get sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty spot! I particularly like the thread storage, which I struggle with.
    Potential marriage saver: headphones for husband to watch TV/DVDs with while you sew. I speak from experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really lovely room and will be sure to spark a lot of creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have just put me to shame in so many ways!!! I've got some serious work to do in my sewing space over the weekend, thanks for the inspiration. (And for dropping by my blog too!)

    Have a great weekend, Lucy

    ReplyDelete

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...