Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My creative space





Did I really make a bone for the 3 year old who follows me around nipping at my heels all day?
Did I really make a bone for the little boy who sits and begs at the fridge door for a 'treat'?
Did I really make a bone for the boy who barks so much his baby sister's second word (after mum) was woof?
Did I really make a bone for the kid who will only visit parks which allow dogs?
Did I really make a bone for the boy who licks my hand/leg/cheek when I least expect it?
Did I really make a bone for the little boy who greets other dogs and dog owners (and most people come to think of it) with a woof?
Did I really make a bone for my son who sings "Doggy doggy who's got your bone" at the top of his voice on the walk to school?
Did I really make a bone for the kid whose favourite game is fetch?

Actually yes.  Yes I did.

I don't even like dogs!  If I wanted a dog, I'd get a dog!  And yet somehow we've ended up with this.

I'm not sure I've done the right thing by encouraging him.

More creative spaces over here.

And if you've got a dog of your own who would like a bone this is how I made it:
1.  Draw bone shape onto paper.
2.  Transfer the pattern onto fabric and cut 2 pieces.
3.  Sew right sides together leaving a small gap for turning.
4.  Turn right side out and stuff it.
5.  Sew up the hole.

4 comments:

  1. So cute... so you ... Gave the Boy a Bone... SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sure he has better breath than a dog hee hee!
    cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so fabulous!
    He look so happy with his new bone too. Made with love by his mumma. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not just a bone but a bone with doggies on it! Too cute. At least you know it will be well-loved :-)

    ReplyDelete

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...