Friday, June 10, 2011

Discipline


I obviously wasn't thinking about the consequences of knitting stripes when I decided to modify the original pattern for Rory's jumper.  It did not register that there would be so many ends to weave in.  So far, it's taken me the better part of a week.  All my precious knitting time has been swallowed up by the finishing steps - the boring part. 

I'm desperate to start on my next project.  Something for me!  A nice warm jumper!  Just like the one I nearly bought at Esprit for $90.  But then I came to my senses.  And remembered that I am now a fully competent knitter.  One who can knit sweaters.  Instead, I visited Barb and armed myself with the needles and yarn required to make a jumper like this.     

In days gone by I would've cast aside Rory's jumper and started on my new project but this time I'm showing some restraint.  Discipline.  Quite unlike me.  Miss second-helping-of-cake.  Miss line-up-six-times-at-the-breakfast-buffet.  Miss wall-of-fabric, mountain-of-yarn, basket-full-of-WIPs.  Because if I don't finish Rory's jumper he will grow.  

Or more to the point, if I keep not finishing things I won't have anything to blog about.

Speaking of sweaters, little Abby wore hers to casual day at school today.  She's not old enough to worry about wearing something 'cool'.  Which is lucky because she would've gone to school naked if she cared  what the other kids thought.

2 comments:

  1. Wow you are clever! Love the colours of Rory's jumper ... and Abby looks adorable! (No surprises there though!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I wish I was a knitter. That one for you looks delicious. And hooray for kids who actually wear things their mums make. I'm not a good project finisher either, but I've found having a 'to do' list on my blog is helping with focus!

    ReplyDelete

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...