Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sick day

I'm sick with tonsillitis but have been well enough to do a few rows of crochet and even a little bit of sewing. I even have a-sewing-needle-through-my-finger injury to show for it. I was rushing because I could hear Erin starting to wake up from her nap. OUCH! Lesson learned - don't rush!


My little sister is pregnant! And has requested a crochet baby blanket like this one I made for Erin. Trouble is, she doesn't know if she's having a boy or a girl so I'm making 2. This rainbow one is for a girl baby and is inspired by Tracey's. I'm very excited I get to be an auntie! And I'm very pleased to be handing on the baby making responsibilities to someone else in the family.




I finished my version of Soulemama's picnic blanket yesterday using the fat quarters I scored in the vintage sheet fat quarter swap. Just in time for sports day and perfect for outside tummy time.

Which, by the way, Erin gets very little of. I fail to understand why I would want to turn a perfectly happy baby into a perfectly unhappy baby within the space of a few seconds? I like my babies happy thanks very much and anyway apparently babies in cultures who get no tummy time start walking at the same time our babies start walking. And non-walking babies are much easier to locate anyway.




My illness has coincided nicely with the arrival of some new reading material and even some interesting day time tv. What a great book! And Pip is so normal. And nice. Like someone I would be friends with in real life except exponentially craftier. Which is quite inspiring really.


I also finished re-reading Dooce's book It Sucked and Then I Cried about her battle with PND. Last time I read it I had PND so it was nice to read it and laugh instead of read it and cry. Can I just say that again? NO PND! I can't quite believe it myself but I'm very thankful I get to enjoy this time with Erin and our family.





3 comments:

  1. Funnily enough I was only just talking about 'tummy time' with Cherry tonight. Daisy hated it but I realised that sitting upright in her sling gave her neck muscles just as much of a work out so I stopped worrying about how much time she spent face down. And she walked right 'on time' too so there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blankets! Cute baby too! Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your picnic blanket... is there anything sandwiched in between those layers? and glad to see i inspired you. Thats pretty special!

    PS: Erin is a sweetie and I truly must pop by more often!

    ReplyDelete

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...