Monday, November 9, 2009

4589 and other sewing related news

Here is version 8.0 of the Simplicity 4589 pattern I love so much. I saw a top very similar to this in Witchery and was tempted to buy it before remembering my pledge and gasping when I looked at the $99 price tag. So I made my own. And saved myself $97 (the fabric is from an op shop) which I invested in a new skirt instead (see picture). I'm proud to say this is the first new item of clothing I have bought since the 1st of July.

I have also been wearing it with the spring ruffle top I made a few weeks ago.


This folks is called procrastination. Remember that flowergirl dress I'm supposed to be sewing for that wedding in less than 3 weeks? Yeah. Still not started.

My motivation for finishing the flowergirl dress is that when I'm done I can start on a quilt for Rory's big boy bed. That, and I don't want to be responsible for bridezilla showing up at the wedding instead of my lovely sister-in-law-to-be.

Armed with these two Kokka fabrics I hit the Quilt + Craft Fair yesterday and bought all this. Boys are hard. Spots. Stripes. That's it. Still, I did have some success (so much so I had to ring Chris mid-shop to put more money into my account!)


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you picked up some great fabrics at the show.

    Know what you mean about procrastination - I'm a bit of a master... Nothing like a deadline to motivate though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new tops (I think I have some of the first fabric in my stash here somewhere too). I didn't get to go to the craft fair, we just had too much on over the weekend and I didn't feel brave enough taking a 9, 4 and 19month old along with me. I love the fabrics you bought there.

    ReplyDelete

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...