So here is my finished prototype Anda dress (from Burda Style). The dress I am hoping to wear to a wedding next month.
Good things about this dress -
* it was quick and easy to sew
* it looks really lovely on everybody else
* it is super-comfortable
* it would like nice with a cardigan over the top (and I'm sure I'll be needing one!)
Horrid things about this dress -
* it looks like a hospital gown (I blame the fabric and for that I am blaming Chris)
* it is too big at the top (I will make a size smaller next time or try some pleats like this one)
* the fabric is too light and just hangs (I will pick something fancier and heavier)
* I look pregnant (but that seems to be unavoidable at the moment)
* it's frumpy. I don't like frumpy.
* I made it too short and I look boxy (a hemline below the knee would be better)
So what do you think, dear 4 readers of my blog, should I buy some fancy fabric and forge ahead or start searching for a different pattern to make?