Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Masterchef Gilly

The Julie and Julia movie inspired me to be a bit more adventurous with my cooking and so I made dinner without a recipe. I'm an ok cook and I'm always happy to try new things but I've never cooked without a recipe before. I made a salad similar to the one I have eaten many times at a cafe I used to frequent (hello toy corner for kiddies!).

I just roasted the beetroot then pan-fried the haloumi and some mushrooms with lots of salt and pepper. Then I tossed it all together with some baby spinach and drizzled it with the leftover juices. With words like 'drizzled juices' I could just about write my own cookbook. Oh it was delicious. And I'm not even a salad person. I was just trying to use up some beetroots from our veggie patch.

The movie, by the way was great. If you love cooking, all things french and bloggy like I do you'll enjoy it too.

2 comments:

  1. We are vegetarians so this looks devine, thanks for sharing.
    Your girls room looks like a bright and happy place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to me like you've already started with what you'll do with all those beetroot.
    Wasn't the movie fabulous? I adored it.

    ReplyDelete

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...