Thursday, October 29, 2009

In my creative space this week...

I'm having fun making some placemats for the family wedding we're going to next month. I like making presents because it gives me a really good excuse to buy new fabric (present money comes from a whole separate budget) and oops, it looks like I might've over-ordered this time. Now how did that happen?

I'm making the flowergirl dress too but haven't yet found the courage to cut into the $50/m silk dupion fabric. Eek. I have measured the flowergirl though so at least I can tell the bride-to-be I've made a start when she asks how it's coming along. Technically I have. Buying the pattern is a start. Reading the pattern is a start.

More creative spaces over here.

7 comments:

  1. Make the cut. It'll be fabulous I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!! I would be nervous too but I am sure it will turn out just perfect...

    Loving the colors going on here..Beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe I do the same thing - the present budget is a great reason/excuse... for fabric, plus you can't help it if you order too much ..shhh

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big breath, then snip, snip, snip. Those are beautiful soft colours on the place mats, you're doing a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scary stuff, glad it's you not me! I love the placemats, the fabric you have chosen is delicious! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you, but you know some patterns are very complex and the reading could go on and on... and on! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excuses, excuses. Of course, it would be no good making the dress until just before the wedding because the little on might grow along the way and then where would you be! Cherrie

    ReplyDelete

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...