Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What I'm wearing this Spring


It was 24 and sunny here yesterday which means I finally got to wear the new top I sewed for myself back in the middle of August when the weatherman teased us with a few Spring-y days.


I also sewed these pants because I need some new comfy clothes and I'm making an effort to not wear trackies every day. I always get enthusiastic like that at the beginning of the season.


I also needed a new cardigan so I prayed to the Op-Shop gods (because I'm not allowed to buy anything new, you know) and they delivered three (3!) of them my way.

exhibit A (which was not a cardigan but is now.
I snipped it up the middle, added some lacey trim and sewed on a button.
I'm wearing it in that other photo above with the black pants)
exhibit B is a beauty


Exhibit C (I haven't taken any after photos of this one
yet but it required modification because of its gargantuan proportions.
I bought it for the colour.)


3 months in the offspring and I are dressed almost exclusively in Op-shop clothing, hand-me-downs and clothes that I made (but don't tell the bunny mums at Playgroup).

3 comments:

  1. Ooh I love those pants! I have been wearing my one pair of maternity jeans that still fit for months now but I need something a bit lighter for this warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the cardigans, esp the top you turned in to a cardi - you can never have too many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do i place my order for a pair of pants! :)

    ReplyDelete

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...