Tuesday, September 15, 2009

More things I needed to sew

The Walrus needed some new pants. I made these from an old singlet my sister was going to give to the Op-Shop.

And Babs probably didn't need a new spring top but I needed to try this tutorial a friend-who- has-no-blog told me about. I made the top from one of my old shirts. I think it's about 3 summers old and had seen better days so I dyed it pink using Rit dye from Spotlight (it's about $5 and they have lots of pretty colours).

before

I also dyed the white hoodie on the right. I don't really 'do' white these days. Come to think of it I don't really 'do' pink either. Never mind. I needed a new top for my morning walks.

Photo courtesy of Abby

I chose morning tea time for a photo shoot because I figured I would have still children. Wrong.

Oh, and the bright shadowy morning light? Well, we have morning tea at 8:30 at my house. Yes, 8:30. Normal people having morning tea at 10:00 - 3 hours after breakfast. We have morning tea at 8:30 because IT'S 3 HOURS AFTER BREAKFAST.


3 comments:

  1. oh lovely - more stripey pants for walrus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! i wanted to wear that tank top for he first time today! Typical! Mind you, it is the first time since I missed anything I got rid of - and oh boy, there was a lot! the pants look good on walrus! is that white hoody the one I gave you?
    |Shell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a note to let you know others are awake in the wee hours. Been up since 5am!! Off for a walk now.... in the rain!

    ReplyDelete

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...