Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dishcloth for the beginner knitter


OUT - Scungey stinky sopping wet sponge

IN - Hand-knitted dishcloth of loveliness


I wanted to try one of these fancy ones but it required too much concentration and too much counting. Rib blah blah. And I was trying to watch a movie. So I just used garter stitch and pearl and invented my own.

Here is how I made it -

I used 4mm needles and 4 ply cotton from Spotlight.
I cast on 37 stitches and did four rows in garter stitch. Then I continued for about 20cm with 4 rows of garter for the border and the middle bit in pearl. Then I finished off with another 4 rows of garter stitch. Easy. Simple. Quick. The way I like it.



1 comment:

  1. you make it sound so easy! I may have to give this knitting thing a go!!

    ReplyDelete

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...