Thursday, July 2, 2009

Rainy day + Sick kid =

Abby is really ever not so well (actually it's just a cold but sometimes I can't control my urge to speak like Lola from Charlie and Lola). So we spent the day sitting and knitting and watching and chatting
Sorting buttons


And tasting Milo for the first time
Also, I highly recommend the airport for cheap, rainy day fun. Oh the places you'll go!

My current knitting project (seen above) is for Abby's kindy. They are putting together a literacy pack based on Mem Fox's book Shoes from Grandpa. Another lucky kindy mum scored the sewing portion so I'm doing the knitting. This is the scarf that will make us all laugh. I also have to knit some mittens that are softer than kittens, a sweater for when the weather gets wetter and some socks from the local shops. It's such a wonderful idea. I'm happy to be part of it. And ofcourse I told the kindy teacher about the Princess and the Pea phenomenon sweeping blogland at the moment so she's keen to do that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...