Thursday, June 11, 2009

Fighting childhood obesity one Rock Cake at a time...

We love to bake. We also love the eat what we bake. My kids are incredibly active so I'm not actually worried about them becoming overweight but if they do I have the solution...

ROCK CAKES...

I seem to be the only one in the family who likes to eat them. Abby's was lobbed back on the plate with a 'yuk' and Rory carried his around the backyard for most of the afternoon like treasure. Treasure that he wouldn't eat.

Cakes that Rock

2 cups SR flour, half a teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/3 cup castor sugar, 90g butter, 1 cup sultanas, 1 egg, lightly beaten, 1/3 cup milk

Mix flour, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Add butter and rub in with fingers. Stir in the sultanas. Add the egg and milk and mix until it is moist but firm. Make golf ball sized balls and bake for about 15minutes at 200c. Eat at your leisure. The vultures won't be interested so there'll be no need to scoff these babies.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's funny!
    I need something that works the other way - the kids like them, but I don't :)

    ReplyDelete

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...