Thursday, April 16, 2009

Oxymoron cake

Buoyed by the fact that I received two (yes 2!!!) comments on my last post, I'm back. Clearly, I was missed. I'm going through a somewhat tumultuous patch in my life at the moment and have found blogging difficult as I feel dishonest starting blog posts about my new Anna Maria Horner bag or tent top or whatever when life dramas are what's really on my mind. But I don't really want to tell the world about those so that doesn't leave anything to blog about!

A recipe is always a good place to start. This is the healthiest cake we make. It's yummy and easy too so it ticks all the boxes. And it comes from one of my ABA magazines. Mind you, my ABA membership is redundant as of this week when Rory decided I am no longer a food group he requires and that most of what he wants to eat comes from the fridge now. OK, well if you insist. I'll just go and enjoy my new found freedom at the Missy Higgins concert then shall I? OK.

Wholemeal Sultana Cake

2 cups SR wholemeal flour, 2 eggs, 2 tbsp wheat germ, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 400g sultanas or mixed fruit, 125g butter, 1 tbsp each of nutmeg and cinnamon, 1 cup of water.

Put fruit, butter, sugar, spices and water in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil, stir and cool. Stir in flour and wheat germ and then then eggs. Pour into a well-greased tin and bake at 180 for about an hour.


I'll be back to blog about the tent top and Anna Maria Horner bag later. Trust me, you don't want to hear about my life dramas.

1 comment:

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...