Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My 'stash'

I didn't think I had a big stash until I organised it and photographed it.

The collection on the left is fine. The part I'm worried about is on the right. Metres and metres of fabric I have no idea what I'm going to do with.
I went crazy at the Spotlight 'clear the bolt' sale. I went crazy every time I saw a bargain at the Op Shop. I thought I had a very sensible stash. I thought I had a revolving door policy with fabric (ie nothing new comes in until something goes out). I thought I had plans for everything in my stash. I thought I was sewing so I could save us money.

I was wrong.

But wait, it gets worse. My pile of fabric scraps is nearly as big as my pile of fabric.

I need to start doing some serious sewing. I've decided that for the month of March I will not be buying any fabric. I've got a huge list of things I want to sew for myself and my lovely family (not to mention some overdue Christmas presents) and until that's done I'm not going near Spotlight or Duckcloth or anywhere else I might find lovely fabric.

1 comment:

  1. I admire your good intentions. Really I do.
    You should come and see my fabric stash one day. Then you'll feel positively righteous.

    ReplyDelete

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...