Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I've got one word for you, dress

Frumpy.
I've had this $13 Target dress for 3 or 4 years. It's my stinking hot day housedress dress. Baggy, clingy and completely unflattering. And it makes me look 6 months pregnant even when I'm not. When I am 6 months pregnant, it makes me look 10 months pregnant.

I shortened it and added a broderie anglaise (?) trim. I also cut off the sleeves and added some trim there. I really wanted to get rid of the ties and add some elastic to give it some shape instead but I wasn't sure how to, and I figured out that if I tie the ties in just the right spot, I can hide some of the stains.


Now...? Well, it's ok. It feels and looks a bit like a nightie though... So I'm still not sure I'll wear it out of the house. It might work with some leggings and a long sleeve t-shirt underneath. I'm sure I'll get an honest opinion from Chris when he arrives home.

1 comment:

  1. HI there Gillian

    I know we had this conversation tonight at the fringe evening, but i thought i would again tell you how i too share your love, hate relationship with this target number. Unfortunatley my dress had a less happy ending.....well done

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...