Sunday, March 15, 2009

"Back away from the mom jeans"

I had a good chuckle when I stumbled upon this blog. I especially love their definition of 'mom jeans.'


"Jeans that are often very high on a woman. Usually 3 to 4 inches above the belly button.
Often is seen at soccer games, baseball games,
and other outdoor recreational activities.
Usually is accompanied by a thin belt, and a tucked in shirt.
Jeans are often broken in and are a worn in light blue type jean,
possibly even acid washed and so tight that the
spare tire becomes a muffin on top of the jeans."

Whilst my jeans don't fit the definition I must confess that jeans have become my wardrobe staple since becoming a mum.

I blame exhaustion and the time constraints of getting 3 people breakfasted, showered, dressed and organised ready to leave the house in the morning (seriously, when did this start taking 2 hours???) I'm lucky if I have time to brush my hair let alone pick out a fashionable coordinating outfit. That's where jeans come in. Just chuck 'em on with a seasonably appropriate top and shoes and off you go.

I've decided it's time to back away from the mom jeans. They're not even comfy!

So I've made some stretchy skirts, I'm in the process of making some anna tunics in mini-dress length and have bought myself a few pairs of leggings/footless tights, that dress from Sprout (see below) and some cardis. That oughta get me through to Spring.
Oh, and if you see me out in jeans it means I've had a bad morning so don't mess with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...