Saturday, January 17, 2009

Upcycling

I love that word. Upcycling.

This is an upcycled dress I made for the markets tomorrow.
It is made from a vintage (ie op-shopped) pillowcase. If you google "pillowcase dress" you will find lots of tutorials for making these.

I have also been making some upcycled skirts and ofcourse the tea towel bags. I think they will either be a definite hit or definite miss at the Gilles St markets tomorrow. Either way, I've had fun transforming old things into new things.

Speaking of cycling. The Tour Down Under starts tomorrow in Adelaide. We plan to attend some of the festivities this year. This time last year I was oh-so-overdue and oh-so-not-going-anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment! You just made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...