Here is what I made this morning:
I uncovered the teapot fabric in the remnants box at Spotlight and decided instantly it would make a great apron for Chris' mum. I used Bari's simple apron tutorial http://barij.typepad.com/my_weblog/files/apron20tutorial20part20i..pdf. I love how it came together and the fact that it looks so neat and professional. I stuffed up the ruffle because I was so keen to get started I didn't read the instructions properly. I didn't add the pocket because I didn't want to hide the teapots.
I will be making more of these. Right now. One for Ruthie (instead of the tote I had planned) and one for myself and of course some mini ones for the little people in my life.